Ready to launch your career in software engineering?
Keen to kickstart your career as a software engineer but not sure where to start? By joining the 6 week Tech Talent Accelerator programme, you’ll spend 6 weeks building core IT and coding skills, and afterwards you’ll be connected with tech apprenticeship providers, such as Baltic Apprenticeships.
You don’t need any existing tech qualifications or experience to apply – we just care that you’re passionate about tech.
What we’re offering…
- Free training You’ll learn all you need to be successful – from coding skills to the employment essentials that will help you achieve your potential
- Guaranteed connection with apprenticeship providers Following the programme, you’ll be connected with apprenticeship providers.
- Fully remote delivery and we’ll give you a laptop and internet if you don’t have these at home.
- Continue to receive your benefits if you’re receiving Universal Credit or other benefits, we’ll work with you to make sure you receive these during the programme.
The programme has paused accepting applications. Please register your interest to be informed when applications open.
Program Length6 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Aged 18-25
- English and Maths GCSEs at C-A* (4-9) or equivalent
- You are not currently employed, in education or training (If you are on a Zero hour contract you can still apply)
- You are currently living in Greater Manchester
- You have the legal right to work & live in the UK
- You have already started exploring your interest in computing, technology and coding
- Available for 6 weeks full time and ready to start an 18 month apprenticeship right after the course
What is a Software Engineer?
Have you ever wanted to develop a game, build a website or create a new platform? Becoming a software engineer will allows you to do all of those things. Every business needs software to function and software requires people who can build it.
As a software engineer, you'll be writing code to develop new features, fixing bugs, reviewing existing code, designing products, improving user experience, and helping to make technical decisions. With an apprenticeship in software engineering you will be able to train and qualify on the job, and have the chance to build a career for which demand is only growing.
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end of the course, you will:
Don't worry if some of the technical skills or language aren't familiar to you - we'll teach you everything on the programme, or you can get in contact if you want to find out more now.
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
What your journey will look like
Complete your applicationGo through the selection process outlined earlier.
Meet your mentorIf you gain a place, you’ll meet with your mentor before the programme starts to make sure you have all the support you need to achieve your potential.
Start your trainingThe programme begins! You’ll learn the behaviours, mindsets and technical skills to succeed in the end role.
Graduate!Graduate and celebrate your achievement at the End of Class Celebration
Interview with employersWe will recommend you to employers for interview, and we'll provide 1-1 interview support to make sure you can shine at interview. We will also connect you with other apprenticeship providers hiring L4 Software Engineering Apprentices.
Start in your roleWe'll continue to provide support for at least 6 months, and you'll also become part of the powerful Generation alumni networks, which will help you further progress your career.